Saturday 21 March 2015

A bit of an update


I have been watching quite a few movies lately, those films being Birdman, Whiplash and Pulp Fiction which are such excellent movies it would seem a little bit silly of me to bother doing a Super Late Film Review (Though if you want one, just let me know in the comments). Pulp Fiction was full of excellent story telling, Whiplash made my heart beat 2/4/6 and Birdman made me question my existence (PLUS, it appeared to be shot in just 1 ish takes, which gives me some serious ‘Rope’ vibes). All in all, last weekend was really great. Unfortunately, I have a mountain of exams this coming week, so I may disappear for a bit. 

To keep you all excited, I will be doing a lot more TV reviews. I just finished watching Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt; Shameless (US) is drawing to a close plus the end is in sight for The Originals and The Vampire Diaries, so expect series reviews on all of those. I am also unveiling a new blog series that I am titling ‘Bissy Gives Australian Television a GO’. It’s no secret to most who know me that I’m very critical of Australian TV (sorry). I did, however, really enjoy Please Like Me (created by Josh Thomas) and I’ve noticed that some shows are (potentially) really interesting, so I’m giving it a go (hence the name). I think the only way Australian television can get really good is if we support it. Check back for updates and recommendations.

The trailer for Paper Trains is up and I was kind of like ‘ehhh’ but I’ll watch it anyway. For you guys. My wallet is crying (reminds me, going to the cinemas in my teeny tiny town in like buying lobster).

And finally, Netflix is almost here! I can feel it. I can smell it. I can imagine the television marathons. I just hope that it's as good as I’ve been lead to believe because it sounds beautiful.


Postscript: I JUST watched The Spectacular Now so expect a full Super Late Film Review.

Have a lovely weekend,


Bissy.

If you have any film suggestions or films you want reviewed, comment below or message me on twitter 

2 comments :

  1. Lots of great films! I know what you mean about Paper Trains but I don't think I'll be very impressed. Whiplash is amazing and Birdman is fantastic! I keep meaning to do a review of Chappie, Big Hero 6 and a few others I've seen recently - so many films and so little time! xx

    Sophie Elizabeth
    www.popcornandglitter.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know the feeling! It's so hard when you've watched heaps of movies at once! What film do you review first? Fingers crossed Paper Trains isn't too bad!

      Delete